November 25, 2013

DIY Hat Rack

When we enter into the Holiday Spiral, I realize that we have too much stuff and not enough organization.  My husband and I never grew up knowing how to organize too much as we moved a lot.  When you move a lot, you get to go through your things and throw out/donate/garage sale anything you don't want to move/forgot you had/or had no recollection of where it came from.  I have lived in over 20 different houses/apartments, so being in the same house for over 6 years, the clutter is starting to take over and I am on a mission to get rid of quite a bit and organize the areas that are driving me crazy.  Our front closet it one of them, which is why I made this.


I can't take credit for this idea.  My grandfather started making these probably before I was even born.  He had quite a few in his house and we had some growing up.  Why I haven't made them before now, I cannot say, but feel like an idiot for not doing it sooner.  My husband and I both have quite a few hats we refuse to part with and most were all hanging out at the top of the hall closet.  They needed to be organized and not take up a lot of space.


You will need a board, the one I used was a 1/2x2x36, wooden clothes pins and wood glue.  That's it.  I had all of these around the house so it made this project FREE!  Who doesn't love a free project that helps organize your house?

You will need to sand your board.  I sanded mine down to 120 grit.

Apply glue to the back of a clothes pin.


Press it onto your board making sure it is centered.


I was able to put 8 clothes pins on a 3 foot board.  My spacing was 1 1/2 inches at the top and bottom, then 1 inch between each clothes pin.

Let the glue dry, then screw this to the wall and you have an easy and very cheap (or free) way to calm the clutter of hats that couldn't have been living in just my closet...right?


Now I just need about 4 or 5 more of these.  Not kidding, we like our hats around here.

11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Dating for everyone is here: ❤❤❤ Link 1 ❤❤❤


      Direct sexchat: ❤❤❤ Link 2 ❤❤❤

      F7.

      Delete
  2. That's sooooo awesome & creative. I'm gonna surly gonna do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm wondering too which part of the hats are clipped with the clothes pin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanted to make this work, but no clue how to attach hats to the glued on close-pins without severe manipulation of the hat which ultimately displays the hat flat-down instead of forward facing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you have the clip part facing up and the side you’d pintch down then you just set the back of the hat in the clip and fold it half in to look like picture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for the great idea. I made one like it today and it turned out awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dating for everyone is here: ❤❤❤ Link 1 ❤❤❤


    Direct sexchat: ❤❤❤ Link 2 ❤❤❤

    gk

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...