May 25, 2011

Blast From The Past: Glass Blowing

I had a fascination with glass ever since my Grandparents took me The Corning Museum of Glass in Corning, NY.  It was amazing watching those artists, spin, pull, shape and blow glass.  I could watch that for hours.  I vowed as an eight year old kid that I would learn how to do that some day.  I DID!  It was awesome.  While going to art school at UMHB I found out from my adviser that there was a glass blowing class offered only once a year during the summer.  I signed up right then and there.  We went to a local studio owned by Bob Rynearson called Ryno Glass.  Bob was an amazing teacher and I was able to produce these works under his guidance.


Salmon colored cup.  Approximately 3 inches tall.


Blue and purple speckled bowl.  Approximately 5 inches across.


Tulip shaped red and white cup.  Approximately 4 inches tall.


Fused glass pendant.  Approximately 2.5 inches in length.


Shaping the glass using wet newspaper.


Opening up the blue and purple speckled bowl.

I had such an amazing time blowing glass and wish that I had the hook up to pursue this more.  I love being creative, I love art and this by far has to be one of my most favorite experiences EVER!  I hope to be able to do it again. 

Above is just my favorites, I managed to create 8 cups/bowls and 5 pendants while taking the class.

1 comment:

  1. Glass blowing is so COOL! That is awesome that you got a chance to try it out.

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...